Family

Family

Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Time Management

I've always thought I didn't have enough time in the day.  Back when I only had 3 children, I said I couldn't find the time in the day to read my bible.  I had a friend from church who use to tell me I should be reading my bible daily and I made excuses, I'm too busy with my kids and the house.  I always found time to watch TV or cruise the web though!

I realize now looking back it was a time management issue.  I didn't organize my day in a way to utilize my time wisely and it was also a priority issue.  It wasn't a priority to read my bible.  Now I have 6 children, run a daycare with 5 children three and under all day, and go to school full time online.  I get the joy of hanging out with my kids all day, playing with them and teaching them.  I have found the spare moments in my day to do my school, usually nap time and bedtime.  In the last 2 days, I have read 1 & 2 Kings, which is 47 chapters.  I still manage to get about 6-7 hours of sleep every night!

 I'm excited for my husband, Chris, to join me in this adventure of starting school.  Chris will be starting school in the next month and then we will be sitting up together after the kids are in bed working on homework!  I have realized I need to make reading my bible a priority and it only took like 5 years!        

No comments: